Are you passionate about making an impact?
We invite you to join our team.
Ascent Bio-Nano Technologies, Inc., is a research spin-off from the Pennsylvania State University formed in 2012. We recently relocated to RTP, NC in 2016. The mission is to develop gentle and safe cell and particle separation research tool and medical device. The company motto is Innovation for Impact. Our passion is to commercialize world leading acoustofluidic technologies to advance research, enhance health and improve life quality. To learn more about the technology platform, please visit our collaborator’s website https://acoustofluidics.pratt.duke.edu/
Currently, we have the following opportunities open in Research and Development (R&D):
- Undergraduate students with major in applicable science or engineering curriculum (acoustics, electronics, electromechanical systems, etc.)
- Hands on experience of developing microfluidics device or electronics system
- PhD with major in applicable science or engineering curriculum (acoustics, electronics, electromechanical systems, etc.)
- Relevant research experience of acoustic wave separation, microfluidics device or cell biology
- Excellent research publication record
- Ultrasonic consultant to full time: see below for requirement
Requirements for Ultrasonic R&D Consultant. This could become a full time position if works out well.
We invite engineers with passion to make an impact to the world to join us. The consultant should be a great team player who is comfortable working with start up team. The consultant will assist a team of R&D engineers and researchers in the development of cutting edge electroacoustic devices to commercialization. The duties will include: improve performance and stability of microfluidic acoustic based device, provide guidance on R&D development, design electronic and electromechanical prototypes from lab prototypes, facilitate the development of ready to manufacturer prototype, implement good engineering practices, etc.
• Local candidate resides near RTP, NC
• PhD or Master’s Degree in an applicable science or engineering curriculum (acoustics, electronics, electromechanical systems)
• Five or more years of industrial product development and R&D experience
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for interviews.
A desired candidate will have either some or most of the following experience:
• Extensive R&D experience of research tool, ultrasonic products, medical device, blood transfusion technology or cell therapy industry is highly desired.
• Experience of fabricating acoustic device or microfluidic device
• Electroacoustic devices such as surface acoustic wave generators, ultrasound transducers or other resonators
• Engineering materials, especially those related to high frequency acoustic devices
• Experience with fluidic control, including microfluidics, pumps and flow and pressure regulation
• The design of analog electronic circuits in the RF frequency range including power RF
• Digital control systems, microcontrollers, digital signal processors and sensors
• Manufacturing of prototype devices including CNC machining, soft cavity molding, water jet cutting, laser cutting, EDM, etc.
• Process and practice of developing ready to manufacturing prototypes
• Knowledge of large scale manufacturing including injection molding, chemical etching, automated assembly and in-process testing.
• Qualifying and dealing with vendors and suppliers
• Meeting and negotiating with customers
Please send resume to Contact-Ascent at AscentBioNano.com